First moon photo fail...

After a wonderful dinner last night with my sister, tried to get the full moon photo I have been dreaming of. But... I did not study any techniques for taking a moon photo. So fail!!! took about 20 photos hand held with auto ISO. I used a combination of 1/10th to 2 second shutter with f-stop 4.8 to 6.4 and ISO did its own thing... These were the salvaged photos with little to know editing...




SO... I decided to spend this morning researching different moon shot techniques... I found a simple way to remember how to set the camera in manual mode to get solid detailed photos of the moon. The LUNAR 11 Rule. Set the aperture to f11, and match the shutter speed to the ISO. I plan to use 200 ISO and 1/200th shutter speed tonight. Wish me luck!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog